Seed Coating Colorants
While a wide variety of seed colorants can be used on untreated seeds, the list of acceptable colorants for treated seeds is shorter. Use Chromatech’s FIFRA compliant colorants when adding fungicides, insecticides, biologicals, and inoculants to seed coatings. Chromatech offers colorants that are suitable for a variety of seed applications, such as for Food-Use* seed treatments regulated under 40 CFR 180.910 or 920. Inquire for other global market use and considerations.
(*) Food-Use seeds are used for food or forage. Non-Food Use seeds are used for non-food crops such as ornamental plants, trees, oil crops, hemp, and sod.
Advantages to Using Our Seed Coating Colorants
- Compliance with Federal law to identify treated seeds.
- Seed appearance enhancement.
- Market identification of seed products by specific shades of color. Our pigment dispersions are available in many colors, providing a complete range of customizable shades.
- Pigment dispersions for seeds are water-based for easy clean up and are highly compatible with seed coating ingredients, resulting in superior coverage.
- Seed dyes are more concentrated than pigments, taking up less space in coating formulations for roadside crops.
Seed Coating Colorants
This information is for general product application considerations. Inquire with us for any applicable end-use restrictions or other regulatory considerations involved with your application.
|P61000 Chromatint® Yellow 3440 Dispersion|
|Chromatint® Orange 3442 Dispersion|
|P66000 Chromatint® Green 3523 Dispersion|
|P61001 Chromatint® Yellow 3451 Dispersion|
|P62000 Chromatint® Orange 3452 Dispersion|
|P63002 Chromatint® Red 3353 Dispersion|
|P63000 Chromatint® Red 3527 Dispersion|
|P65000 Chromatint® Blue 3352 Dispersion|
|P66001 Chromatint® Green 3450 Dispersion|
|Non-Staining* Teal Liquid|
|Non-Staining* Patent Blue Liquid|
|C76002 D&C Green #6 Powder|
|C73004 D&C Red #17 Powder|
|C73019 D&C Red #33 Powder|
|C74015 D&C Violet #2 Powder|
|Chromatint® Fluorescent Pink 3468 Dispersion|
|Chromatint® Fluorescent Orange 3469 Dispersion|
|Chromatint® Fluorescent Yellow 3470 Dispersion|
|Chromatint® Fluorescent Green 3487 Dispersion|
|C70002 White Dispersion|
|C71000 Powder / C71003 Granular - FD&C Yellow #5|
|C75000 Powder / C75006 Granular - FD&C Blue #1|
|C73020 Powder / C73023 Granular - FD&C Red #40|
Colorants for Untreated Seeds
Contact us for a wide variety of seed colorants that can be used on untreated seeds.
Chromatech is a proud member of: