D&C Red No. 33
D&C Red No. 33 Powder is a water-soluble powdered dye also known as Acid Red 33 which yields a bluish-red color. D&C Red No. 33 Powder is used in drug and cosmetic applications. May be safely used in:
- Ingested drugs (other than mouthwashes and dentifrices) in amounts not to exceed 0.75 mg per daily dose.
- Cosmetic lip products, in amounts not to exceed 3.0% by weight of the finished product.
- Mouthwashes (including breath fresheners), dentifrices, and externally applied cosmetics, in amounts consistent with good manufacturing practice.
- Kosher certified.
- Approved by the FDA and meets the specifications outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 Part 74.2333 and 74.1333.
- Light Stability: poor
- Water Soluble
- Physical Appearance: Dark red powder
- 20 kg (44.09 lbs.), 5 kg (11.02 lbs.) and 1 kg (2.2 lbs.) boxes.
- Sample size is 50g.
- Testing in your particular formulation is recommended.
- Protect from moisture.